TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS
Scope of Application
Article 1. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be go governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
2. In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guests insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
Article 2. A Guests who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars;
(1) Name of the Guest (s);
(2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No.1);
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
2. In the case when the Guest requests, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such requests is made.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
Article 3. A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
2. When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provision of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
3. The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guests, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
4. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of Article 3, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
Article 4. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring the accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
2. In the case when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
Article 5. The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following causes;
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) When the Hotel fully booked and no room is available;
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
(4) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, dysfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
(5) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
(6) When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
(7) When the Guest seeking accommodation acts violently, makes treats, intimidates, makes violent demands, or makes any other coercive or unreasonable demand or action;
(8) When the Guest seeking accommodation acts disruptively or dangerously, causing distress to other Guests, or behaves in any other way which may cause trouble for the facility or other Guests;
(9) When it is proven that the Guest has no financial ability or intended to compensate for the services;
(10) When the Guest seeking accommodation has breached articles (5), (6), (7), (8) or (9) of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts of the Hotel or other Hotel in the past;
(11) When the Guest seeking accommodation is in a gang, a gang member, or is part of or related to an organization associated with gangs;
(12) When the Guest seeking accommodation is associated with a corporation or organization whose board members or members are identified as gangsters and who control business;
(13) When the Guest seeking accommodation is part or a member of an antisocial group that threatens the order and safety of society;
(14) When a person requesting Hotel accommodations, is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other Guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other Guests; (Aichi Prefecture) Nagoya City Ordinance
(15) When the Guest otherwise fails to abide by the House Terms established by the Hotel.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
Article 6. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel.
2. In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
3. In the case when the Guest does not appear by 8 p.m. of the accommodation date (or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified of such) without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel
Article 7. The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases. Furthermore, the Hotel assumes no responsibility for damages incurred from cancellations of the Accommodation Contract conducted in accordance to this Article;
(1)When the Guest corresponds to any of the items listed in Article 5 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts, or when such a connection is discovered during the Guest’s stay;
(2)When the Guest does not abstain from prohibited actions such as smoking in the guest room, tampering with the fire-fighting facilities and other prohibitions of the Use Terms stipulated by the Hotel.
(Restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing of fires).
2. In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any services which he did not receive during the contractual period.
Article 8. The guest shall register the following particulars by the Front Desk clerk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation;
(1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
(2) For non-Japanese Guest(s), nationality, passport number, port and date of entry into Japan;
(3) Date and estimated time of departure;
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
2. All Guests of foreign nationality who do not reside within Japan will be asked to leave a photocopy of their passport by the Front Desk clerk.
3. In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler’s checks, coupons, credit cards or electric money, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
Article 9. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3p.m. to 11a.m.to the next day. However in the case the guest room is contracted continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
2. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the Preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
・After 3p.m. 100% of the room charge
Observance of Use Terms
Article 10. The Guest shall observe the Use Terms established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
Article 11. The business hours of front service, etc. of the Hotel are as follows, and those of other facilities, etc. shall be specified in detail by brochures as provided, notices displayed in each place, service directories in guest rooms and in other ways deemed suitable by the Hotel:
Service hours of front desk, cashier’s desk etc:
A Closing time ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~None;
B Front Service ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~24-hour service;
C Cashier ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~24-hour service.
2. The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes on the part of the part of the Hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Payment of Accommodation Charges
Article 12. The breakdown of the Accommodation charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
2. Accommodation Charges etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency or by any means other than Japanese currency such as traveler’s checks, coupons, credit cards or electric money, recognized by the Hotel at the front desk at the time of the arrival of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
3. Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily dose not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel and which are at his disposal.
Liabilities of the Hotel
Article 13. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the no fulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreement.
However, the same shall not apply in cases when such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
2. The Hotel is covered by Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected fire and/or other disasters.
Handling when unable to provide Contracted Rooms
Article 14. The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
2. When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations.
However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
Handling of Deposited Articles
Article 15. When the articles, cash and/or valuables checked by the Guest at the front desk have been lost or damaged, our Hotel shall compensate for the damage, unless the loss or damage has been caused by force de majeure. However, in the case of cash and valuables, we shall do so only when the Guest has clearly reported the kind and value of such cash and valuables at our request. Otherwise we shall compensate for the damage up to the maximum amount of 150,000yen.
2. When the Guest has brought into our Hotel articles, cash and/or valuables but has not checked them at the front desk, we shall compensate for the loss or damage inflicted on them if caused intentionally or negligently on our part, except when the Guest has not clearly reported to us beforehand the kind and value of such items lost or damaged, in which case we shall compensate for the loss or damage up to the maximum amount of 150,000yen unless we are intentionally or negligently responsible for such loss or damage.
Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
Article 16. When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
2. When the baggage or belongings of the guest are found left behind after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is identified, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions.
When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner or when the owner ship is not identified, the Hotel shall keep the article for 7days including the day it is found, and after this period the Hotel shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
3. The Hotel’s liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the preceding Article in the case of Paragraph1.and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article 15 in the case of Paragraph 2.
Liability in Regard to Parking
Article 17. The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited at the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
Liability of the Guest
Article 18. The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Governing Language and Law
Article 19. These Provisions are written both in Japanese and in English. In the event of any inconsistency or difference between the two versions of these Provisions, the Japanese version shall prevail in all respects.
2. Any dispute arising from/or in relation to these Provisions shall be referred to the Japanese court having jurisdiction over the location of the Hotel and resolved in accordance with applicable Japanese laws.
Attached Table No. 1
The breakdown of the Accommodation charges, etc.
(Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2, and Paragraph 1 of Article 12)
Remarks of Table No.1: 1.Otherexpensesunder(5)includetelephoneandlaundrycharges, extrabedetc.
Attached Table No 2.
Cancellation charge for Hotels (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
Remarks of Table No.2
1. The percentages signify the rate of cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
2. When the number of days contracted is shortened, the cancellation charge for the first day of the cancelled period shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
3. When part of a group booking (for 8 persons or more) is cancelled, the cancellation charges shall not be charged for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of 15 days prior to the occupancy. When the cancellation is accepted less than 15 days prior to the occupancy, the date of acceptance shall apply with fractions counted as a whole number.
4. However, if separate/individual group contracts have been previously signed, these prior arrangements will take precedence.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to Nikko Style Naogya. We hope that you will enjoy your stay and be able to make full use of our facilities. Hotel Guests are kindly requested to observe the rules, outlined in Article 10 of the Accommodation Contract, so that their stay will be both comfortable and safe. If guests do not observe these rules, the Hotel will be obliged to cancel their accommodations and the related contract as specified in Article 7.
Fire Prevention Regulations
1. You are requested to refrain entirely from smoking in the room or in any other place within the Hotel where fire may occur. Please note that smoking in our Hotel is limited to designated smoking areas only and strictly enforced. Smoking in guest floor corridors or any other public space is strictly prohibited and against local law.
2. Please do not use any personal appliances for heating, cooking in the guest room.
3. Please review the information on evacuation routes that is posted on the inside of your room door, and confirm the location of the emergency exits on your floor.
1. Please make sure the door is properly locked when you leave the room. Also, make sure to lock and use the door latch when you are in the room. Before opening the door, please look through the peephole or open the door only slightly without removing the door latch.
2. Please do not invite visitors to your guest room.
3. The Hotel may refuse to accommodate under-age guests, unless prior agreement has been made with a guardian.
Regarding Valuables and Unclaimed Articles
1. The Hotel reserves the right to dispose of all articles left behind, lost or unclaimed, in accordance with Government Law.
2. Cash, precious metals, and other valuables should be stored in the safe installed in guest rooms. We cannot assume responsibility for loss or theft of articles that are not deposited with us.
1. The Hotel will not make payment on behalf of Guest for expenses such as train tickets, taxi fares, postage, packing charges or shopping in the Hotel. 2. The Hotel may ask for payment in advance from guests who check in without reservations or with reservations made on the day of arrival.
3. Please show your room key or lodging certificate card to the cashier when you sign bills or chits at the Hotel’s restaurants and bars.
4. A facility charge will be added when room telephones are used for outside calls.
5. Should you wish to change your period of stay, please notify the front clerk in advance. Please pay for all charges equivalent to your stay period up to the time when you extend your stay.
6. The Hotel may ask for immediate payment when bills due exceed an amount set by the Management.
7. Please settle payments in cash, traveler’s checks, credit cards, electric money or coupons which are acceptable to the Management. The Hotel will not accept company or personal checks.
8. A 10 % service charge and taxes at the rate prescribed by applicable laws shall be added to your bills. You are cordially requested not to give tips to the hotel employees.
1. Please do not bring the following into the Hotel;
(a) Pets and other animals in general;
As exception of above regulation, guests may accompany guide dogs, hearing dogs and service dogs stipulated in the Laws concerning Assistant Dogs for the Physically Impaired;
(b) Malodorous articles;
(c) Excessively large quantity of personal goods;
(d) Explosive, volatile or flammable materials;
(e) Unlicensed firearms or swords;
(f) Other items which articles prohibited by law.
2. Please refrain from engaging in gambling, behaving in an indecorous manner or committing acts likely to cause annoyance to other guests of the Hotel.
3. Please refrain from shouting and loud singing in the Hotel.
4. The furnishings or equipment inside your room may not be moved to other locations in the building or taken out of the Hotel without permission. 5. If Hotel belongings are damaged or lost by the guest due to his/her own negligence, the Hotel may ask for compensation.
6. Please refrain from using the Hotel for purposes other than lodging, dining and drinking without the consent of the Management.
7. Please do not enter restricted areas of the Hotel.
8. Please refrain from bringing food or drinks into the Hotel, or ordering delivery of food or drinks into the hotel from outside without the consent of the Management.
9. Please do not distribute or post advertising bills, or sell goods in the Hotels public area.
10. Please do not leave any personal belongings in the hallway or lobby.
11. Please refrain from putting any articles in or near windows which could detract from the external appearance of the Hotel.
12. Using photographs taken in the Hotel for commercial or public purposes is illegal, and those who do so will be subject to prosecution.
13. A sleepwear and slippers have been provided for your use in your guest room. Please refrain from leaving your room dressed in sleepwear and slippers or similar attire.
Period of Custody
1. The period of custody shall run from the day upon which an article is delivered into the custody of the Hotel until the designated date of claim. 2. The designated date of claim shall be within one (1) month from the day upon which the article was delivered into the custody of the Hotel.
3. If no such designation of date is made, the period of custody shall run for one (1) month beginning on the day the article was put into custody.
The claimant of the article in custody shall be either the person who requested custody or a third person appointed as the claimant by him.
Confirmation of Claimant
The claimant shall submit the Claim Certificate to the clerk of the Hotel in charge of the article in custody at the time he claims the return of the article. In the event that the claimant is a third party appointed by the person who requested custody, submission of the Claim Certificate will not be necessary. However, the Hotel may require him to submit proof that he is the correct claimant. The clerk shall exercise reasonable care to confirm the identity of the person claiming the article prior to returning it.
The Hotel shall thereafter have no further responsibility with respect to the article claimed.
Compensation for Damage
1. Any loss, destruction, deterioration or other damage to the article in custody which has occurred by reason of force majeure as the term is commonly defined shall not be the responsibility of the Hotel.
2. Any person using the custody service shall have a duty to compensate for any damage which the Hotel and/or any third party suffers if such damage is due to the destruction or deterioration of the article in custody or any other reasons for which the said person is responsible.
Disposition of Article in Custody
1. If the claimant does not claim the article in custody within one (1) week after the period of custody, the Hotel shall keep said article separately from those in normal custody and may dispose of it by the method, at the price, which is generally deemed appropriate at that time. If such disposition is difficult, the Hotel may discard said article.
2. The cost of the disposition described in the paragraph immediately above shall be born by the person who requested custody, provided that the proceeds of said disposition shall be off-set against the costs of disposition.
1. The Hotel may take emergency steps which are appropriate under the circumstances in the following events;
a) Demand by legal authorities that the article in Custody be opened or otherwise disposed of;
b) Fire, abnormality in the condition of the article or other exigent circumstances.
2. In the event of the occurrence of any of the above-mentioned circumstances, the Hotel shall bear no responsibility for damage caused to the article in custody.
These Provisions are written both in Japanese and in English. In the event of any inconsistency or difference between the two versions of these Provisions, the Japanese version shall prevail in all respects.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws
Any dispute arising from or in relation to these Provisions shall be referred to the Japanese court having jurisdiction over the location of the Hotel and resolved in accordance with applicable Japanese laws.
Copyright © Okura Nikko Hotel Management Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.